POSITION SUMMARY: This position will provide basic care to clients, as well as assist them in daily activities/tasks outlined in a written care plan that is established by the Administrator or CSS and is kept in the client's home. ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
* Record pertinent information pertaining to the client's care.
* Remind clients to take medication at the appropriate time.
* Plan and prepare meals according to specific dietary requirements of the client, and if necessary, feeding the client.
* Assist the client with therapy exercises under the direction of a Registered Therapist.
* Assist or perform personal care including hair care, oral hygiene, bathing, grooming, and dressing.
* Assist with ambulation with or without mechanical aids.
* Assist with routine bodily functions such as assisting clients with toileting.
* Maintain a safe, clean and healthy environment through light housekeeping including changing bed linens, dusting and vacuuming, cleaning kitchen and bathroom, providing and emptying bed pans and laundry.
* Provide companionship and stimulation for the client including reading, walks, etc.; and accompanying the client to doctors or other appointments.
* Turn or reposition patients who are bedridden.
* Examine patient for bruises, blood in urine or other injuries/wounds.
* Take client's vital signs and recording input and output.
* Observe and report changes in client's condition to the Agency Director or Service Coordinator.
* Accurately prepare daily records and submitting them to the office by date due .
* Participates in in-service education programs.
* Maintain a high degree of confidentiality at all times due to access to sensitive information.
* Maintain regular, predictable, consistent attendance and is flexible to meet the needs of the agency.
* Follow all Medicare, Medicaid, and HIPAA regulations and requirements.
* Abide by all regulations, policies, procedures and standards.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS & COMPETENCIES:
* A Home Health Aide must have a minimum of one year of personal care experience which is verifiable through three work references, and must complete this agency's employment and competency process
* Must be at least 18 years of age
* Completion of high school or GED certification
* Six months training as a Certified Nurse Aide and complete a competency evaluation
* Must exhibit mature, responsible behavior and understand the need for patient confidentiality
* Must be able to read, write and speak English
* Must be able to follow direction and accurately report to the Administrator any changes in client's condition
* Must have available reliable transportation to and from assignments. May be approved to transport client or run errands in vehicle
* Must maintain current credentials, including CPR, First Aide, TB Test, Physical, Fingerprint Clearance Card, and attend required in-services or other requirements as mandated by the state or contract specifications
Addus provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.