Weichert Co is hiring an Application Developer in Morris Plains, NJ. The Application Developer is responsible for the development, maintenance, and support of the Apliant Business Platform to meet business objectives. The position receives business requirements and functional specifications and uses them to develop the software needed to implement the objective. The Application Developer is also responsible for having an understanding of the languages and tools needed to complete the complex application development.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Designs, codes, reviews, analyzes, and modifies complex software and implements high quality, secure, and maintainable code that supports business needs.
· Tests and debugs software applications to adhere to project specifications. Troubleshoots and resolves problems found in the applications.
· Works directly with the client and team members to define project requirements and timelines. Analyzes the current business workflow, validates requirements, constructs design prototypes, and specifies design components.
· Ensures program and system documentations are created and maintained for all developed or modified systems.
· Communicates project status and escalates issues to management. Provides recommendations and solutions to correct issues.
· Stays abreast of industry trends to ensure the Company’s technology standards remain current.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
· Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field, or equivalent experience
· Four (4) plus years of daily design and development contributions towards SaaS products
· Experience with LAMP platforms
· Experience with PHP and the Laravel framework
· Deep Experience with Node.JS and associated modules (Express, Axios, Mysql, Node-Cron, Moment, etc.) as well as familiarity with authentication, encryption, and CORS best practices in middleware solutions
· Experience with REST and SOAP API design and development
· Experience with SIP and telephony technologies related to Twilio products and solutions (implemented in Node or PHP)
· Experience with marketing platform technologies and related integrations (Twilio, Mandrill, Railgun, Intercom, Iterable)
· Experience with AWS cloud computing services including EC2, Elastic Beanstalk, RDS, DynamoDB, and S3
· Experience in fast paced agile development working model
· Experience with test-driven development and/or behavior-driven development
· Experience in UI technologies and frameworks (i.e. Bootstrap or Material Design)
· Experience with Git version control and an ability to responsibly maintain code across multiple repos and multiple branches per repo
· Experience with continuous integration development and deployment models and best practices