Arcadia Home Care and Staffing is NOW offering a $400 Sign On Bonus if you are hired before July 31st!!! GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Licensed Practical Nurse / Licensed Vocational Nurse delivers patient care under the guidelines of the specific state Nurse Practice Act and as appropriate to provide services in accordance with Agency policies under the direction of the Registered Nurse.
1. Provides nursing care under the supervision of a Registered Nurse and according to the plan of care derived from physician's orders and Registered Nurse assessment. Nursing Care includes physical care, emotional support, and patient and family education.
2. Recognizes and reports symptoms that indicate changes in the condition of the patient to the Nursing Supervisor and/or Case Manager and/or physician as appropriate.
3. Provides nursing care and services that is in accordance with Agency patient care and general medical policies.
4. Assists the physician and/or Registered Nurse in the performance of specific procedures required by the patient and at an appropriate level for the LPN / LVN.
5. Adheres to strict aseptic technique when performing treatments requiring its use.
6. Provides patients with the knowledge and assistance to learn appropriate self-care techniques.
7. Accurately records patient's condition in the Nurses notes using problem oriented charting in designated documentation format.
8. Observes, records and reports to the appropriate professional the symptoms, reactions and changes including: a. General physical and mental condition of patients, and signs and symptoms which may be indicative of untoward changes; and b. Stresses in human relationships between patients, between patients and personnel, and between patients and their families and visitors.
9. Performs selected nursing procedures, such as:a. Administration of medications and treatments prescribed by the physician; and b. Preparation and care of patients receiving specialized treatments administered by the physician or the professional nurse.
10. Assists with the rehabilitation of patients according to the medical care plan through: a. Being aware of and encouraging the interests and special aptitudes of patients; b. Encouraging patients to help themselves within their own capabilities in performing activities of daily living; c. Knowledge and application of the principles of prevention of deformities, the normal range of motion, body mechanics, and body alignment.
11. Promotes cooperative effort among personnel by understanding the functions of other persons involved in patient care and by active participation in team and staff conferences when appropriate.
12. Administers medications, IV's (when allowed by state regulation) and treatments, observing aseptic techniques adequately, that are assigned by the Registered Nurse and/or Nursing Supervisor listed on the plan of care, and records these with accuracy and completeness.
13. Maintains the patient's equipment and room as necessary for patient care and safety.
14. Participates in staff in-service programs, per state regulations or program requirements
15. Participates in regular performance evaluations with Nursing Supervisor.
16. Maintains a continuing knowledge of competencies related to the nursing profession by participation in in-service and educational programs, conferences, workshops and professional organizations.
17. Understands human relationships between and among patients and personnel, patients and families, families and personnel; recognizes and understands cultural backgrounds and spiritual needs, respects the religious beliefs of individual patients.
18. Abides by administrative policies regarding nursing coverage and responsibilities, scheduling availability, and provides support to the Nursing Department as deemed appropriate.
19. When necessary, works on additional projects within scope of knowledge, as requested by Nursing Supervisor or Agency Administration. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Regularly required to sit, stand and walk on variable surfaces. Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. Occasionally required to reach beyond mid-line of body overhead/chest level. Occasionally use hand controls including grip using one or both hands. Occasionally climb ramps or stairs or use foot controls. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Employees are required to utilize universal safety precautions while performing their job tasks. Ability to lift, push, pull and carry a minimum of 50 lbs Ability to stoop and bend up to 2.5 hours per 8 hour shift
EDUCATION/QUALIFICATIONS: 1. Minimum of six (6) months recent work experience, preferably in home care 2. Current licensure in your state of employment. 3. Satisfactory references 4. Satisfactory completion of Agency-LPN/LVN Qualifying Exam. 5. Proof of satisfactory completion of an approved pharmacology course (i.e., NAPNES) may be requested. 6. Current CPR certification
Addus provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.