This role provides basic group behavioral facilitation and interventions to a group of children in an established setting. This role also provides one-on-one interventions in support of this training when the behavior without this intervention would require a more restrictive treatment or educational setting.
• Facilitates basic behavioral curriculum to group of children.
• Implements a behavior modification treatment plan targeting the recommendations from the psychological evaluation and developed by a senior level team member. Direction will be determined for the setting for implementation of the treatment plan based upon medical necessity.
• Utilizes prescribed interventions as needed when the child exhibits problematic behaviors in each particular setting. Targets child specific antecedent, behavioral/teaching, consequent, reinforcement strategies techniques and additional psychosocial rehabilitative activities as prescribed in the treatment plan.
• Implements and models intervention techniques for members of the treatment team to stabilize the child or adolescent, lending support for family efforts to stabilize the child or adolescent, by transferring appropriate techniques and skills, and to promote developmentally and/or age appropriate behavior. (i.e. the parent, grandparent, care givers, teachers, Personal Care Aide) for the transfer of skills which allows for successful discharge of services.
• Collects behavioral and program data during session, from each environment
• Maintains contact with case specific treatment team.
• Maintains progress notes for every billable contact
• Submits payroll weekly or as directed by supervisor; including all county specific paperwork required with weekly submission.
• Receives scheduled supervision from an assigned clinical supervisor
• Attends training as required; attains required training hours per fiscal year.
• May perform other related duties, when required or assigned.
Merakey is a leading developmental, behavioral health, and education non-profit provider with a fifty-year history. We offer a breadth of integrated services to individuals and communities across the country. Our belief that every individual has the right to achieve growth, dignity, and fulfillment guides all of our decisions. At Merakey, we care about each other and are committed to providing the very best care to those we serve.
Merakey is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer! We deeply value diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ethnic background, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or disability status. Moreover, we are committed to creating teams that reflect the diversity of the communities we serve and encourage applicants from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
Apply today at: www.Merakey.org/careers
- Certification as a BCaBA
- Certification as an RBT
- Certification as a BCAT
- High school diploma AND completed the 40-hour RBT training with certification that includes the name of the responsible trainer, who is a certified BCBA or BCaBA
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in providing ABA services AND a minimum of 40 hours of training related to ABA approved by the Department of Human Services or the BACB