The Brand Marketing Manager participates in the development of the brand's marketing objectives to support overall brand strategy. This position leads innovation work streams, product development, research, restaurant prototype, and menu and marketing platforms.Product Development
• Manages the coordination of brand product development and testing project timeline and calendar including quantitative concept screeners & consumer taste tests, qualitative focus groups, and operations / market tests.
• Implements product test creative strategy, including positioning, marketing brief, in-market media and merchandising with field marketing team.
• Manages projects, programs, and vendor relationships, develops and executes against timelines, tracks performance, and ensures projects are within budget, meet quality standards, and align with key performance indicators and brand standards.
• Manages key national and local marketing projects and programs (including in-store music strategy, menu boards – digital and drive-thru, online ordering) to support the overall brand strategy.
• Partners with the marketing, operations, creative and design to deliver future restaurant prototype experience.
• Implements and manages the execution of brand repositioning and holistic brand experience work streams including service, product and design platforms.
• Collaborates with external partners and the creative team to develop promotional materials and marketing elements that align with the overall brand voice, platform, and strategy and to increase sales.
• Partners with local marketing and operations teams to develop marketing capabilities (e.g., training guides, local marketing toolkits, marketing mix models, etc.) and to ensure successful local implementation of national programs.
• Builds effective working relationships with franchisees and vendors to translate franchisees' needs into action.
• Maintains consistent communication (e.g., phone, email, face-to-face, etc.) with franchisees to discuss specific marketing needs, to encourage franchisees' engagement in marketing their business, and to maintain compliance with brand standards.
• Establishes and maintains trust and credibility with franchisees, vendors, and marketing associates.
• Interfaces with industry and professional organizations to increase awareness of the brand and to expand networking opportunities.
• Maintains vendor relationships to manage expectations (e.g., high level of service, accountability, etc.), to provide timely feedback, and to maximize cost efficiency, quality, timeliness, and responsiveness in a manner that best supports the organization's initiatives.
• Gathers and analyzes customer experience data, market research, market penetration, and the results of marketing programs to provide recommendations on adjusting market strategy/tactics, to increase sales/transactions, to achieve marketing goals, and to maintain awareness of changing market and competitive conditions.
• Conducts competitive/brand pricing analysis and compiles results for marketing senior leadership.
• Collaborates with the marketing research/consumer insights team to define customer targets and marketing mix.
Bachelor's Degree Marketing, public relations, communications, business, advertising, or other related field of study Pref
• Experience leveraging primary research, data and consumer insights into actionable business initiatives.
• 4+ years of experience in marketing, business administration, sales, or related field
• 4+ years of experience in developing and executing marketing plans and programs
• Franchisee, restaurant, hospitality food, or beverage experience Pref
Skills and Abilities
• Working knowledge of developing and executing marketing plans and programs across multiple platforms
• Ability to analytically / statistically evaluate traditional and interactive media, marketing effectiveness, overall sales, and competitive trends.
• Ability to create program goals, messaging, communication, and overall event plans