Established in Chicago in 1991, Corner Bakery Cafe is one of the leaders of fast casual dining, a segment that blends the best of two worlds. We're fast - guests have busy lives. Whether they join us to linger over a morning cup of coffee or they're with us for a quick lunch, we're there to serve them promptly. But we're also casual dining, meaning we believe in delivering food to the table. Guests also enjoy nice touches like real tableware - a break from today's plastic, self-service world.
The Catering Sales Manager is responsible for increasing catering sales in the local trade area of each restaurant within their assigned territory by soliciting new catering business through catering lead generation and catering sales marketing. They will be responsible for 8 – 15 locations. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop targeted sales plans to achieve sales goals with Area Directors and General Managers.
• Achieve sales quota/target and budget in all restaurants in assigned territory.
• Solicit new catering customers through traditional and not-traditional sales techniques, including cold calling, direct outside sales and relationship building.
• Canvass local businesses to find and build a relationship with decision makers.
• Build new relationships with neighborhood, community, and local organizations focusing on partnerships, events, and community outreach initiatives in order to identify sales opportunities.
• Track community event activity and results.
• Build and maintain relationships with existing catering customers through phone communication, personal visits and community events to ensure repeat business.
• Effectively demonstrate required sales techniques to build sales and provide ongoing support of the customer to gain repeat orders.
• Target all new, core, active, at risk, lost and historical contacts provided from the CRM database.
• Maintain on-going contact with catering customers through thank-you letters, follow-up calls, seeking feedback on catering orders and requesting referrals.
• Utilize reports to track customer frequency, sales, average sales per order, etc. and analyze sales trends to maximize sales results.
• Manage the sales cycle, quotas, customer follow-up and service requests for all customers.
• Maintain detailed customer lists for mailing and follow-up systems.
• Plan menus, orders, and deliveries with customers and use the opportunity to utilize suggestive selling techniques and reinforce our quality products and services.
• Resolve customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions, and making recommendations to Regional Catering Sales Manager and Operations
• Keep Regional Sales Manager and Operations for your assigned locations abreast of your progress through daily activity logs, phone calls, attending weekly conference calls and scheduling events in CRM calendar.
• Complete calls to all new customers within required timeframe.
• Develop Catering Supervisors on sales building activities, systems, and sales routines.
• Setup and maintain house accounts.
• Drive up to 30-mile radius (one way) from own residence to conduct field day, canvassing in assigned trade area a minimum of 1-2 times per week or as sales dictate.
• Promote the Catering Rewards Program.
• Assist in catering deliveries if needed.
• Maintain behaviors and actions consistent with the company’s values and standards.
• Continuously look for ways to increase professional development.
• Work additional hours as needed.
• Regular and punctual attendance.
• Additional duties as assigned by the Regional Sales Manager.
JOB REQUIREMENTS Associates degree or equivalent work experience. 2 years of customer service experience. 2 years of sales experience. 2 years of experience interpreting business goals and applying techniques and strategies to expedite the achievement of those goals. 2 years of experience interacting and creating relationships with internal and external customers of all levels and skill sets. 2 years of experience using Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to interpret the business goals of the division and apply sales techniques to expedite the achievement of these goals. Ability to utilize good business ethics. Solid business judgement and strong verbal and written communication skills Demonstrated capability to interface and maintain effective relationships with internal and external customers of all levels and skill sets. Detail orientated, logical, analytical, and methodological in approach to problem solving. Self-starter with proven sales track record. Proficient with Microsoft Office and Customer Relationship Manager (CRM) software. Restaurant catering sales experience, preferably in a fast-casual restaurant environment.
SAVOR your opportunity today!
An Equal Opportunity / E-Verify Employer
CornerBakery (CBC) is a well established, limited service restaurant concept that has growth opportunities for team members in a fast casual restaurnat environment. At Corner Bakery Cafe, you can grow your career with us.