Exhibits proper knowledge, selling techniques and service delivery of both non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages. Adheres to established company and departmental procedures, guidelines and policies at all times, including but not limited to guest service, cash handling, sanitation and organization. Communicates with and promote positive co-worker and guest interactions, maintain professionalism at all times while working with other team members, departments and guests.
· Maintains a clean station at all times and performs assigned side work duties such as stocking coffee, glasses, cream, sugar, beverage napkins, etc. Collects drink order from Bartender, adds appropriate garnish, places on tray, and serves to patrons with cocktail napkins. Inspects guest identification to ensure guest meets legal age limit for alcohol possession/consumption Monitors guest alcohol consumption and acts according to established alcohol awareness program guidelines. Picks up empty glasses and returns them to the proper area.
· Cleans and replaces dirty ashtrays.
· Assists all guests regardless of where they are seated.
· Handles any guest’s complaints or problems in a prompt and courteous manner.
· Maintains a constant awareness of safety and accident prevention, performing all job duties in the safest possible manner, and immediately notifying the supervisor and completing an accident report if a personal accident does occur.
· Able to work effectively with bar personnel; as well as complying with, and enforcing alcohol awareness laws and procedures.
· Ensures thorough communication between shifts.
· Remains up to date on all Departmental Policies and Procedures. Performs all other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Must be 18 years or older. High school diploma or equivalent. Maintain established company and departmental uniform, appearance, and hygiene standards at all times.
· Prior experience is helpful, but not required. Knowledge of POS systems. Must be available to work flexible shifts, weekends and holidays. Ability to obtain and maintain all necessary licensing.
Regularly required to see, stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, grip, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear for 8 hours. Occasionally required to stoop, kneel or crouch.
· Must be able to lift, carry and serve from a tray at shoulder height with several cocktails weighing up to twenty five (25) pounds. Ability to count. Able to interact with others while maintaining a positive and courteous demeanor under noisy and fast paced working conditions.
· Must have excellent customer service and communication skills as well as the ability to respond to visual and aural cues. Able to work in areas with high volumes, diverse clientele, noise, music, minimal and/or bright lighting, and smoky conditions.