The National Multiple Sclerosis Society mobilizes people and resources to drive research for a cure and to address the challenges of everyone affected by MS. To fulfill this mission, the Society funds cutting-edge research, drives change through advocacy, facilitates professional education, collaborates with MS organizations around the world, and provides programs and services designed to help people with MS and their families move their lives forward. We partner with volunteers to accomplish our work. Staff members engage volunteers through effective and timely communications, facilitating meaningful opportunities, and continually seeking and providing feedback for reciprocal growth and learning.
The Director, Digital Marketing Analysis (Director) is a vital member of the marketing team by providing insights, analysis and ultimately, the ROI on a wide range of digital marketing efforts across web, social, email and app environments/platforms.
The Director will bring a teaching and growth mindset to the marketing team by helping answer foundational and fundamental marketing questions, such as:
· What data do we need and how do we get it?
· What data sets will allow the team to deliver personalization?
· How do we integrate new datasets into our marketing workflow?
· What data-driven workflow does the marketing team need to consider for campaigns and experience design and what should it look like?
The Director has a keen sense for current digital marketing trends (e.g., PPC advertising, email marketing best practices), and how metrics and data attribute to overall marketing goals and objectives. The Director also develops strategies for growth, assesses new campaign/constituent targets and builds out demand generation programs with the goal of generating campaign success, increasing online presence, and measurable return on investment.
The Director must have a passion for data, visualization and an analytical mindset to help derive insight from data. Past experience with digital marketing and working with large sets of digital KPI metrics will be important, as the Director will assist in delivering macro benchmarking and trending data for the Society’s content marketing efforts.
Develop Marketing Analytics Practices (40%) Establish marketing analytics best practices to drive performance & effectiveness of integrated marketing plans across a blend of Society strategies. Data Visualization (many of our systems and platforms have the raw data, but it's manual to export and cumbersome to cross reference; long-term we should land on a commonly used data visualization platform, will this be Google360 for everything?); we all want/need one place to go for channel statistics (e.g. email opens, clicks, etc), as well as campaign effectiveness overall. Ability to work with teams and develop marketing KPIs (not vanity metrics) and help demonstrate how work across various channels helps drive engagement and growth. ( E.g. X email had Y open rate and Z click rate. So what; is that good?) Lead the identification of key performance indicators for content and fundraising campaigns across a range of product sets (such as: Bike MS, Walk MS, Challenge Walk MS, DIY events, etc.). Collaborate with the Society’s analytics team to ensure there are common approaches, standards and integration of marketing insights and constituent intelligence can be shared seamlessly. Assess current marketing analytics maturity to establish a roadmap for future requirements and capabilities over time. Outline measurement plans and key metrics for comprehensive, multi-channel campaigns tied to a range of marketing strategies and outcomes Lead the development of marketing reporting standards, dashboards, and review practices. Identify trends in marketing data and build data driven insights that can be leveraged to modify or generate new business proposals, product features, or marketing campaigns. Identify the need for and help to select external tools, applications, models, and/or service providers for improved and integrated marketing analytics across email, web, app, social and paid media.
Drive Insights & Analysis (40%) Provides actionable overall marketing and constituent insights to address key strategic marketing hypothesis. Familiarity with CDP (customer data platform) and DMP (data management platform) concepts. Responsible for tracking, reporting and analyzing the performance of marketing activities and develop/automate insights Analyzes external and internal customer data using database queries (SQL, Access), spreadsheet (Excel) models, web analytics tools (Adobe / Omniture), statistical analysis tools, and campaign management software tools. Evaluates constituents’ online behavior and provide insights and recommendations for further enhancements to the user experience. Analyzes A/B and multi-variate tests, communicate results and provide recommendations. Creates PowerPoint presentations to provide trend and behavioral insights. Advises other marketing functions (e-commerce/website, online/offline advertising, brand, product development) as the knowledge owner for customer and market data. Lead efforts to evaluate and analyze campaign effectiveness and deepen understanding of how the Society’s content and digital marketing, traditional marketing and person-to-person outreach interact to drive outcomes. Provide strategic insights and analysis to power data-driven decision-making to inform budgeting, forecasting, and marketing mix that shape the overall performance of Society goals. Shape testing strategies to optimize performance throughout the marketing cycle – from awareness to acquisition, retention and loyalty. Use quantitative and qualitative methods to identity the “tipping-point” behaviors that best predict engaged, activated and loyal behaviors online. Enhance ability to measure and/or understand those behaviors as needed. Provide audience segmentation and performance insights.
Data Management & Integrity (20%) Work with Society teams (Analytics, CRM, IT, marketing and strategic finance) to achieve holistic and integrated data collection and analysis processes. Recommend and document practices in maintaining analytic data integrity. Ensure optimal tracking across systems and touchpoints, including source codes, segments, data attributes. Act as primary owner/administrator of Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager and other marketing specific analytics accounts as identified. Data hygiene concepts and experience (e.g. invalid/bad/spammy email addresses; various bounce statuses, is all our data safe/ok to email, etc.) Develop naming standards across various channels (web domains; mobile/SMS keywords; email names, etc.) Contribute to the long term goal of creating constituent 360-degree persona view(s) based on various attributes (the make-up of “cross over” people in our database and how they engage).
The National MS Society is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. We strive to create a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. We need you and your unique talents and perspectives to help us write the last chapter on MS
• 8+ years of experience in a marketing analyst or similar role (business to consumer, direct marketing or database marketing firm /agency preferred).
• 4+ years of experience leading a marketing analytics program/team preferred.
• Proficient in marketing research and statistical analysis
• Excellent analytical skills and a high degree of business acumen
• Strong organizational, communication and presentation skills
• Proven ability in handling concurrent projects with attention to detail and accuracy.
• Proven ability to extract strategic insights to impact business performance.
• Must be experienced in analyzing, and mining insights from online sources, including paid search, email, SMS, advertising, direct mail, social media, and CRM.
• Extensive attention to detail
• Excellent quantitative and analytic skills
• Hypothesis formation and testing methodologies
• High proficiency Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
• Excellent communication skills with ability to write and present highly complex materials to a wider and less-technical audience
• Strong work ethic and passion for working with data Technical/Other: • Extensive experience with digital analytics platforms (Google Analytics, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Donor Drive)
• Proficiency with Google tag manager and source code development and tracking
• Advanced ability to blend complex data utilizing SQL, R Programming, Alteryx, Tableau, and/or Google Data Studio.
• Experience/knowledge of customer research methods such as survey design, development, and analysis.
• Widely used ad servers and advertising technology platforms (e.g., Google AdWords and DoubleClick, major demand-side platforms, and data management platforms).
• Offline source measurement (direct mail, traditional advertising) a plus.
• Commitment to the mission, vision, cultural values, and expectations of the National MS Society.
Estimated compensation range for this role is $73,000 - $88,000 annually. Final offers will be based on candidate geographic location, consider career experience and may vary from this range due to these factors.
You will have the opportunity for a highly competitive, comprehensive benefit package that the Society provides to employees. Your benefits include a considerable Paid Time Off Plan; Paid Holidays; 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Society match; Educational Reimbursement Plan; Professional Development Assistance; Commuter Benefit Plan; Comprehensive Health & Welfare benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Spending Accounts, Life Insurance, Disability Coverage, Life Assistance Plan as well as additional voluntary benefit offerings. We value continuous learning and support your professional development through a Professional Development Assistance plan. You will join an incredible mission focused team of people!
All offers of employment are contingent upon the candidate showing proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (with a COVID-19 FDA-approved vaccine or a COVID-19 vaccine granted Emergency Use Authorization) by the date of hire. A candidate is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the second dose of a two-dose vaccine (Pfizer or Moderna) or one dose of a single dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson/Janssen) or as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Candidates unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.