Under the direction of the Manager, Environmental, Health & Safety, the EHS Technician would assist and/or organize the development and implementation of EHS related programs and systems (compliance/management, etc.). This position establishes and promotes the maintenance of safe and healthy working conditions, develops environmental protection methods based upon current industry technology & best available practices to ensure environmental compliance objectives are met, and recommends measures to reduce environmental and safety risks and the impact to manufacturing operations. The ideal candidate would be bilingual in English & Spanish. · Assist with maintaining and implementing cost-effective EHS programs that ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations, and Wabash National policies relating to safety and the environment.
· Assist with and maintain all required Environmental permits for the processes, equipment or discharges generated at the facility.
· Provide guidance and support to management on EHS issues. Work closely with all levels of associates to establish, maintain and improve EHS programs.
· Develop a thorough knowledge of equipment and materials used in the facility, including pollution control devices.
· Promptly notify EHS Manager and appropriate operations Supervisor of potential enforcement issues, accidents or control device malfunctions.
· Aid in the timely preparation of required reports to regulatory agencies as requested.
· Develop and implement procedures/SOPs to reduce safety/environmental risks and to address emergency situations.
· Review materials used by manufacturing operations and maintains SDS database.
· Maintain a comprehensive and organized recordkeeping system so that the facility is capable of verifying compliance with all applicable regulations.
· Ensure responsible parties are immediately notified of EHS concerns and action is immediately taken.
· As appropriate/assigned, retain and oversee vendors/contractors dealing with EHS issues.
· Facilitate training sessions in both English and Spanish to maintain proficiency in EHS areas.
· Develop and provide EHS related training programs to ensure associate’s knowledge and understanding of environmental regulations and requirements. Performing associate training as designated.
· Assist with safety PPE selection and EHS/Medical related routine supplies.
· Fire Protection Systems operation, testing and record keeping. Implement elements of the WNC Fire Prevention Plan.
· Assist with annual property inspections and record keeping.
· Maintain fall protection equipment inventory.
· Spill response and containment (as needed).
· Assists with development and review of Job Safety Analysis (JSA) and Risk Assessment procedures
· Required to maintain First Aid/CPR certification as act as a first responder at the site.
· Drives/accompanies associates to local clinics as needed for medical/safety related appointments
· Perform additional tasks as assigned by the Manager, EHS