Position: Events Coordinator
Reports to: Lifestyle Manager
Location: La Quinta, CA
The Event Coordinator is the primary assistant to the Lifestyle Manager for the scheduling and the production of activities for the TLQMA membership.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other responsibilities may be assigned.
* Coordinate all activities, events, and classes for the Santa Rosa Club and Coral Mountain Club.* Book all the events for the Santa Rosa Club and Coral Mountain Club (dates, times, location, etc.)
* Maintain Outlook room reservation calendar for Santa Rosa Club and Coral Mountain Club
.* Ensure all banquet event orders are completed prior to events and entered into Outlook calendar.* Book vendors for events (entertainment, caterers, florists, etc.)
* Manage financial aspects of TLQMA activities and produce monthly reports.
* Work with communications coordinator to ensure the details of each activity or event is published and promoted for both awareness and attendance.
* Work with maintenance staff to ensure all areas of the set-up, decorating, staging and clean-up is scheduled and supported
.* Attend staff meetings and committee meetings.
* Submit recommendations and proposals for consideration by management or the Board
.* Work all evening events for the Santa Rosa Club and Coral Mountain Club.
* Handle outside rentals for the Santa Rosa Club and Coral Mountain Club.
* Meet with prospective clients with special event needs (weddings, anniversary, birthday, etc.)* Other duties as assigned.
* Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
* Must be able to write routine reports and correspondence.
* Must be able to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
* Ability to accurately proofread documents.
* Ability to multi task effectively and efficiently with strong attention to detail.
* Ability to problem solve and offer viable solutions to problems.
* Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management, employees, clients and other stakeholders.
* Must be able to handle pressure as related to the job.
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* 2 years’ experience in a professional office environment.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
.* Working ability of general math skills
.* Ability to apply common sense and carry out instructions.
* Strong working knowledge of MS Office suite -- including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.* Strong attention to details.
* Organized and Detail Oriented.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Driver's License and proof of state mandated auto insurance.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 /hour
Required experience : Event Coordination: 1 year
FirstService Residential is North America's foremost property management firm. Our dedication, responsiveness and integrity are why thousands of communities across the U.S. and Canada choose FirstService Residential to manage their properties. We have expertise working with complex communities with large budgets and numerous amenities. In addition, we manage commercial associations and mixed-use developments, as well as multi-family and investor-owned rental and REO properties for institutional and private equity clients.
We're all about our associates, and as we continue to grow, we're looking for even more quality people who share our dedication to doing what's right, improving residents' quality of life, building great relationships and truly making a difference for their clients, their colleagues and themselves. Is that you? If so, apply today or join our community and learn more about FirstService Residential.
To learn more about our company and culture, please visit www.fsresidential.com/california
FirstService Residential is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.