Positions Summary: Plans and directs all aspects of the casino’s property maintenance activities, including management of facilities maintenance.
Essential Job Functions: Prepares complete annual preventive maintenance schedule at the start of each new year to ensure an effective and efficient approach to all systems and equipment maintenance. Responsible for reviewing training library and insuring it is kept up-to-date. Ensures adequate staffing for maintenance duties and project completion through accurate manpower planning and projection of future requirements. Ensures all activities and job duties are performed according to established company and departmental policies, procedures and goals. Hands on management of all team members, requiring high visibility leadership and working with team members during their shift. Ensures team members are properly trained on all life systems, mechanical systems and electrical systems. Conducts monthly team member meetings to review and discuss various policies and procedures, to address problems and concerns, and to build teamwork. Responsible for new team member orientation of all Company and Departmental policies and procedures and functional job duties. Ensures all equipment, systems, and facilities are in proper condition and in line with local and national safety regulations in continual preparation for inspections by insurance, fire, and machinery officials. Fill in for the Manager when the Manager is not available. All other duties as assigned
· 3 years of facilities/maintenance experience preferred.
· Possess a thorough understanding of the established Company and Departmental policies and procedures.
· Must be able to communicate, both verbally and in writing with Team Members, Supervisors and outside contacts.
· Must also possess sound judgment, good organizational skills and the ability to perform well under pressure.
· Requires thorough knowledge of construction code requirements, ability to read codebooks, blue prints and field schematics.
· Understand and ensure compliance to all ADA, OSHA and EPA regulations.
· Position requires thorough knowledge of all life safety, pneumatic, mechanical and electrical equipment and systems gained through extensive experience in Facilities or related areas.
· Previous background in facilities/maintenance fields.
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Appropriate New York State Gaming Commission licensing
· Valid Driver’s License.
· Ability to communicate with Team members and guests.
· Ability to be a TEAM player.
· Ability to successfully fulfill the pre-employment process.
· Ability to work flexible shifts/days of the week, including holidays.
· Ability to obtain and maintain all necessary licensing. Physical and Mental Demands:
· Regularly required to see, talk and hear; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms; stand and walk.
· Must occasionally lift and lift up to 25 pounds.
· Frequently required to stoop, crouch or kneel.
· Ability to interact with others while maintaining a courteous and positive demeanor.