We are a leading food and agri-business, supplying food ingredients, feed and fiber to over 19,800 customers who range from multi-national, world famous brands to small family run businesses.
Each customer depends on us to provide goods and services that are safe, on-time and consistently in line with the required specification. They also rely on us to help them innovate and create new opportunities.
Established in 1989, and now listed on the Singapore Exchange, our team of 74,500 full-time, seasonal, and contract employees have built leadership positions in many of our businesses such as Cocoa, Coffee, Cotton, Edible Nuts and Spices.
As well as growing crops in our own orchards and estates, and sourcing from around 4.8 million farmers globally, we operate over 160 processing facilities, and through our 14 innovation centers. We develop ingredients and find solutions for our customers. Our value chain spans over 60 countries. We also provide support services including risk management solutions and agri-logistics.
Reporting to Production Supervisors, the General Laborer for Processing will be responsible for completing all aspects of Processing operations. The General Laborer for Processing should be able to act proactively to ensure smooth and effective operations and report issues to management immediately.
· Ensure all areas are kept clean and equipment is cleaned according to the schedule
· Unload trucks, and notify lead or management of product quality changes
· Unload Holding bins to feed onions into the processing facility
· Ensure foreign material and product that does not meet the quality standards are removed from the inspection line efficiently.
· Assist in Dryer cleanups and daily cleanings
· Keep tools, hoses and other equipment put away or hung up when not in use
· Pull samples, assist in changing tower knives, and assist maintenance when needed
· Maintain a clean, neat, and sanitary appearance of self and facility
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
· Safety orientated with the ability to recognize and correct safety issues required
· Follow all Standard Operating Procedures and Lock out/Tag out procedures
· Report any unsafe acts, or issues to management immediately
· Assist in all departments during both the processing and non-processing season
· Perform all jobs in your area and be able to lift 60 lbs.
· Looks for ways to improve and promote quality and safety.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or secondary certificate, or equivalent work experience is preferred.
• Mechanically inclined with knowledge of basic hand tools preferred
• Knowledge of quality standards and sanitation procedures preferred
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, standard operating procedures, maintenance instructions and procedure manuals required
• Bilingual, English and Spanish, is preferred
• While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; conditions; extreme cold; heat and possible risk of electrical shock.
• Food safety training required annually
• Forklift certification may be required
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Olam provides equality of opportunity for all persons with respect to hiring without discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status or sexual orientation. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us for support at: US-Talent.Acquisition@olamnet.com
At Olam, we celebrate our diversity. Olam Americas Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.