The Analyst I is responsible for the implementation, maintenance, support and training of the assigned clinical components of the information system in conjunction with the hospitals super-users. The Analyst I must establish communication with super-users, users, the information systems team, and vendors to maintain a proper balance of requests based on priorities. The Analyst I will act as a liaison between the clinical super-users, staff members, Information Systems and the application vendor for all assigned applications. The Analyst I must develop work habits and proper communication skills that reflect the Mission and Philosophy of Memorial Hospital & Health Care Center. Reflects the mission, philosophy, core values, and customer service plan of Memorial Hospital and Health Care Center in action and attitude. All activities are directed at all departments serving all age groups.
Associate Degree Required, Bachelors preferred. Strong computer skills required.
Epic Application certification in one or more application(s) will be required. Certification must be achieved within 3 months from last required course. On the job training with Information Systems will be provided. The individual must adapt quickly and apply learned principles and techniques to complex situations.
One year plus of experience with Electronic Health Care Record or relevant Health Care experience from both a care provider and an application perspective preferred.
Performance Requirements Primary Responsibility:
- Provides production support to super-users on a routine basis. Serves as the day-to-day contact person for the super-users and vendors regarding clinical modules. Assists in the resolution of issues reported by the users.
- Provides backup support to the super-users for the assigned applications to provide primary user support in the event of super-user unavailability.
- Works directly with the clinical staff members and super-users to develop specifications to automate clinical process's within each department as assigned by their one up manager.
- Participates in the implementation of clinical systems including departmental analysis, workflow analysis, issue documentation and resolution, data processing needs and project management; coordinates and performs day to day project tasks with minimal direction.
- Participates in the testing of interfaces and collaborates with vendors and internal Information Systems staff to ensure that interfaces are implemented to meet needs and specifications.
- Develops and maintains basic reports, customized queries/screens, dictionary/master files and user menus.
- Performs testing, documentation and validation of future EHR Upgrade versions and other related software. Acts as a liaison between the clinical staff members and the vendor to implement version or release changes.
- Works with clinical staff members, physicians, and physician's staff members to ensure proper training on all clinical applications.
- Identify areas of opportunity for increased productivity or increased data gathering or reporting requirements for the department or the hospital.
- Produces appropriate documentation when necessary to assist the clinical staff members in maximizing the use of their application.
- Assists users in creating and maintaining downtime documentation and procedures to assure continuity of patient care and recovery of data in the event of a systems outage.
- Assists Help Desk personnel in supporting customer's needs. Assists/Trains Help Desk personnel in supporting the clinical applications.
- Assists other Information Systems personnel with special projects.
- As needed, uses MSWord or Excel to compose memos, letters and reports.
- As required, participates in on call rotation to assist users with emergency situations. Must be able to use the laptop computer to access the system remotely and assess/solve the situation.
- Periodically attends classes, seminars or on-site training to maintain or enhance currently needed skills.
- As required, works weekends for user support or project implementation.
Minimal physical effort is required. The incumbent may be required to sit for an extended period of time. Consistent operation of a computer will be required. Moderate mental and visual attention is required.
Although the position is for day shift, it requires infrequent odd hours. It also will require being on-call to support applications that are in their infancy. Workload will be varied and irregular in nature, must be able to manage multiple projects at one time. Reflects the mission, philosophy, core values, and customer service plan of Memorial Hospital and Health Care Center in action and attitude.