Purpose of the Position:
Supervise the kitchen staff to ensure quality products in the absence of the Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Know all emergency procedures (fire, severe weather, bomb threats, guest accident/illness, etc.)
2. Effectively train all associates in the kitchen to perform their job duties to the best of their abilities, thus maximizing the productivity of those associates.
3. Keep open verbal and written communication between the management and associates.
4. Supervise Kitchen associates – work productivity, breaks, safety, sanitation, training and discipline.
5. Ensure that standards pertaining to storage, rotation, production, portions, quality and appearance are followed at all times.
6. Ensure the opening and closing procedures for cooks, pantry and cook’s helpers are completed.
7. Efficiently expedite food from front line during meal periods.
8. Take responsibility for shift during absence of the Executive Chef and /or Executive Sous Chef.
9. Responsible for adhering to company use records, recipes, meat charts, applicable Franchise and management company’s Standard Operating Procedures, etc.
10. Take immediate action on problems that are encountered in the kitchen.
11. Participate in the monthly food and beverage inventory.
12. Follow management company’s procedure on portion control – check all food for right price, servers’ name, food cost control and that the check was rung up properly.
13. Make sure meat cage is locked at all times.
14. Maintain a clean, organized kitchen.
15. Work all areas as needed or directed.
16. Assist in developing control procedures and enforcing them.
17. Maintain quality of associate meals.
18. Understand and meet kitchen budget.
19. Know and adhere to state/local health codes and ordinances.
20. Possess applicable state/local licenses and certifications.
Job Knowledge, Skills and other Requirements:
1. Able to communicate accurately and effectively in verbal and written form with guests and associates so as to respond accurately and completely to people to give directions, instructions, information, answer questions and provide service as required.
2. Memorize food recipes and food preparation instructions.
3. Twist, stretch, bend, lift to handle and operate all kitchen equipment.
4. Use arithmetic to calculate costs and prices, track expenses and analyze payroll.
5. Lift and carry heavy objects weighting approximately thirty (30) to forty (40) pounds.
6. Stand or walk for varying lengths of time, sometimes for long periods.
7. Easily and quickly prepare food and operate equipment.