Creating Long-Term Value Thru Relentless Innov ati on ®
ATI is a global manufacturer of technically advanced specialty materials and complex components. Our products support diverse markets and industries such as aerospace and defense, oil & gas, electrical energy, medical, automotive, and other industrial markets.
We are currently looking for a Mechanical Maintenance Technician for our manufacturing facility in Washington, Pennsylvania. Our Mechanical Maintenance Technicians are part of a highly skilled team that is critical to ensuring large industrial equipment and systems are fully operational for continuous production and to consistently meet production goals.
As a Mechanical Maintenance Technician, you will be responsible for installing, maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing a broad range of mechanical equipment including rolling mills, annealing furnaces, slitters, conveyors, and mechanical components such as hydraulics, pneumatics, pumps, motors, power transmission systems, etc. You may also get involved with performing some maintenance on cranes, forklifts and other mobile equipment.
In order to become successful, you’ll have to quickly learn ATI, our manufacturing equipment/systems, and our maintenance program. A successful Mechanical Maintenance Technician is a problem-solver and strong with troubleshooting, determining corrective actions, and identifying opportunities to enhance production efficiencies without compromising quality. Workplace safety is a core value and Maintenance Technicians play a vital role in our safe operation and processes.
· Follow all safety practices and rules to ensure equipment is operating in a safe manner
· Perform preventative, predictive and emergency electrical maintenance on a variety of electrical and electronic systems
· Performance other maintenance work such as installing piping, welding, rigging, carpentry work and performing miscellaneous repairs on to floors, ceilings, window/glass, doors, etc.
· Implement process improvements and methods that will increase effectiveness and efficiencies
· Use of standard and specialized tools and diagnostic equipment to properly assess and troubleshoot issues
· Maintain accurate records of projects including machine assembly, start up and installation
· Participate in daily meetings, prioritizing and reviewing the daily schedule of work
· Operate for trucks, man lifts, cranes, etc.
· Provide assistance in operating in operating functions/areas
As a Mechanical Maintenance Technician, you will be required to work in a variety of plant areas/departments, environmental conditions (hot, cold, dirty, etc.), and perform work at various heights and within some confined spaces.
This role is Monday-Saturday. As part of our Union Maintenance Team, you must be willing to work all shifts in our 24/7 operation. Based on the need, overtime may be available including other shifts and weekends. As part of pre-employment, a mechanical maintenance skills assessment will be required.
*It is ATI's policy to not provide immigration sponsorship for any of the company's positions.
ATI and its subsidiary companies will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant's race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected be federal or state law. The company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process if so requested.
· High School Diploma or GED
· At least two years of mechanical maintenance experience in a manufacturing, farming, military or other industrial environment.
· Associates Degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology, Engineering Technology or other mechanical program
· Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving capability
· Effective communication skill with the ability to work collaboratively and effectively with cross-functional teams
· Strong organization skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
· Strong ability to work independently without direction, and as part of a team