Summary of Objective:
Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of the New Product Introduction Team to ensure that goals and objectives of the team are accomplished within prescribed time frames and in budget. Manages designated customer projects and serves as primary relationship point-of-contact to ensure that goals and objectives are accomplished within prescribed time frame and budget while adhering to applicable regulations and protocol requirements. Supports maintaining exceptional client satisfaction and superior business performance metrics. Leads and plays an integral part in individual project success and provide PCI a competitive advantage in long-term customer management. Provides exceptional program management leadership with outstanding performance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The essential duties and responsibilities include the following but other duties may be assigned.
1. Select, supervise, empower, coach, develop and retain a team of qualified individuals through effective employee development, performance management, succession planning and recognition.
2. Ensure the appropriate team structure is in place by performing workload analysis to manage headcount and to ensure we deliver on customer and business commitments.
3. Establish Team and individual goals /objectives in alignment with site goals and customer requirements.
4. Ensure strong alignment and coordination with Business Units, Technical Teams, and other shared services. Collaborate on best practices with Business Unit Managers and leadership.
5. Facilitate functional team meetings to ensure goals and objectives are met and to build a culture of safety, quality, performance, customer service and continuous improvement.
6. Manage the training and development of the team including cross training initiatives and on-boarding of new employees to the team.
7. Collaborate with the appropriate Account Executive to ensure seamless communication with the customer, including working with him/her on future and existing business quotations
8. Initiate, track and drive timely completion client orders (finished goods) in support of achieving outstanding performance metrics
9. Support and support exceptional client satisfaction for top-tier relationships. Enable year-over-year growth in select designated key client programs and relationship expansion.
10. In keeping with continuous improvement culture, support key site and corporate initiatives to drive optimization and efficiency of processes, systems and technologies
11. Accountable for overall program management for assigned projects using appropriate project planning tools. Communicates milestones, critical path activities and assign internal and external responsibility to ensure the project achieves all deliverables per the customer requirements and agreed upon timeline. Accountable for overall project management for assigned projects using appropriate project planning tools. Communicates milestones, critical path activities and assign internal and external responsibility to ensure the project achieves all deliverables per the customer requirements and agreed upon timeline.
12. Serves as Primary customer contact for activities, including timeline, budget and customer expectation management and general inquiries.
13. Understand purchasing authorization from the supply agreement. Interpret and ensure compliance to purchasing authorization from the supply agreement
14. Collaborate with the customer to ensure correct application of components and artwork changes; verify pricing to quote and re-price if necessary; communicate price variances with management. Work with the customer to ensure correct components and artwork changes; verify pricing to quote and re-price if necessary; communicate price variances with management.
15. Responsible for leading Project Team and Technical Kick Off Meetings for assigned projects.
16. Forecast and manage project expenses in adherence with the project budget. Generate customer invoice/billing including supporting documentation.
17. Review and approve internal customer-based specifications for packaging components and processes.
18. Effectively facilitate a lessons learned at the conclusion of projects to ensure we capture best practices, receive constructive feedback, and develop solutions and action plans to make the next project a success.
19. Understand and analyze contribution margin and gross margin for each project.
20. Establish effective meetings and communication plan to ensure success of each project.
21. Lead/Facilitate quarterly Quarterly Business Review meetings.
22. Participate in continuous improvement projects.
23. Manage customer visits to PCI.
24. This position may require overtime and/or weekend work.
25. Knowledge of and adherence to all PCI, cGMP, and GCP policies, procedures, rules.
26. Attendance to work is an essential function of this position
27. Performs other duties as assigned by Manager/Supervisor.
Special Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee must be physically capable to perform the duties listed below with or without reasonable accommodations which may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Stationary Position: From 1/4 to 1/2 of the day.
- Move, Traverse: From 1/4 to 1/2 of the day.
- Operate, activate, use, prepare, inspect, or place: Up to 1/4 of the day.
- Install, place, adjust, apply, measure, use, or signal: Up to 1/4 of the day.
- Ascend/Descend or Work Atop: None.
- Position self (to) or Move (about or to): Up to 1/4 of the day.
- Communicate or exchange information: 3/4 of the day and up.
- Detect, distinguish, or determine: None.
On an average day, the individual can expect to move and/or transport up to 10 pounds
less than 1/4 of the day.
This position may have the following special vision requirements.
☐ Close Vision ☐ Distance Vision ☐ Color Vision ☐ Peripheral Vision ☐ Depth Perception
☒ Ability to focus ☒ No Special Vision Requirements
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The following are some environmental conditions that one may be exposed to on a daily basis and for various lengths of time.
Ø Work is primarily performed at a desk and/or in an office environment. for 3/4 of the day and up.
The noise level in the work environment is typically, quiet.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required for the stated position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field and/or 7-10 years related experience and/or training.
- College Level Mathematical Skills
- Advanced Computer Skills: Ability to perform the most complex computer tasks and operate various computer programs.
- Full Professional Proficiency: Ability to speak, read, and write fluently and accurately on all levels pertinent to professional needs.
- Highest Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems and deal with nonverbal symbolism in its most difficult phases while dealing with concrete/abstract variables.
- Supervisory Responsibilities
- Master's Degree (M.A.) in related field and/or 5+ years related experience or training.
- Ability to effectively present information to various people as the job requires.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled