We are more than an organization. We are a movement. United in our collective power to do something about MS now and end this disease forever. At the National MS Society you have the opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of those living with MS and their families.
As a member of the Society team, you'll work in an environment that values collaboration, innovation, diverse perspectives, and most of all a relentless resolve so people with MS can live their best lives.
The primary responsibility of this role is to ensure general operations are efficient, in compliance with Society policies and meet state regulations. This role provides local and centralized support in functional areas of human resources, finance and accounting, risk management, event registration and cash management, general office and equipment maintenance, and project and centralized function support such as: matching gifts, receipting, fund raising and constituent support, etc . This role requires a general knowledge of business operations including specialized knowledge of basic accounting principles, human resources, and risk management. This role is both external and internal facing and requires a high degree of relationship management and confidentiality.
1. Finance and Accounting Support (35%)
Mail & Revenue Processing – The daily priority of this role is processing the mail per Society policies, to ensure revenue is processed accurately and timely Ensure all Market mail and revenue is processed according to current assigned processes and Society controls Provide remote redaction and batch review to ensure accuracy and timely processing Ensure cash receipts processing is compliant with Society controls
Event Registration and Cash Count Management – Engage in and execute Society practices and policies to enhance constituent experience, protect Society revenue and ensure data integrity In partnership with Development, prepare day-of event registration materials as needed Assist development department with event registration and cash management at various locations Ensure all “day of” event donations are secured and processed according to Society policies and defined lockbox protocols Ensure credit card payments (offline and mobile pay) are processed according to Society policies
Support Centralized Accounting and Finance - Act as chapter liaison to ensure Accounts Payable and Receivable functions are compliant with Society controls and adequately covered Work with A/P to ensure contracts and/or lease expenses are processed in a timely manner Work with A/P to ensure chapter staff use Workday per Society policies Code and submit invoices (received at the chapter) using Workday per Society policies toto ensure timely payment Work with A/P and A/R to resolve chapter payable and receivable inquiries/issues Complete month-end and year end reporting as required
2. Administrator Support (20%) Provide support with various Market administrative tasks such as drafting responses, general event support, returning phone calls, and running reports, as requested and where feasible Support president in board meeting set up and management as requested Provide accurate annual property insurance updates as requested as part of the renewal process Assist hiring managers with employee onboarding and off-boarding, including set up of workstations, building access and parking, and completing I9 Assist Human Resources with posting federal and state posters Participate as the disaster recovery liaison and support the Society’s Disaster Recovery/Business Contnuity Plan Complete all incident reporting as required by Society policy Other duties as assigned
3. Centralized Functions, Project and Remote Support (30%) Serves as a super user; supports and contributes to the new processes for designated central support functions, such as but not limited to: Matching Gifts, Constituent and Fundraising Support, Receipting, Reporting, Board Effect, etc Acts as a liaison, and/or Operations lead or partner on special projects as assigned Provide remote Ops Admin support to designated markets as requested
4. Office and Equipment management (10%) - Manage general office operations to ensure prudent use of Society resources, safety, efficiency, availability, and follow-up for constituents and staff Order and maintain office supplies to support market activity Process and track mail and ensure supplies are on hand Maintain and secure all administrative files including documents pertaining to incorporation, license, tax, historical and other key chapter business files according to Society policies Ensure Society contract compliance according to current policies Maintain list of chapter assets and monitor health of office equipment; contact appropriate vendors as needed Follow Society document retention policy and ensure applicable documents are secured and/or destroyed per the policy and schedule Respond to landlord inquiries and facility issues in a timely manner
5. Volunteer Engagement (5%) In partnership with volunteer engagement staff, recruit, train and develop a team of general office and event registration support volunteers to accomplish event and administrative tasks Engage volunteers, effectively communicating and facilitating meaningful opportunities across all functions
Associate's Degree or Higher, preferred 3-5 years of relevant experience in lieu of degree Minimum of three years office experience including AP/AR, HR, and executive support. Mailroom/supply experience preferred Shipping and receiving experience helpful Basic understanding of internal controls Skills in accurate data entry and preparation of spreadsheets on a PC Able to stay focused on deadlines while multi-tasking Flexibility in prioritizing duties Professional demeanor Roles requires a high degree of confidentiality
Technical/Other: Basic knowledge of MS Windows operating systems and MS Office 2010 Basic understanding of PC networks Able to prioritize and organize workload Must be able to work with people that have a wide variety of personalities and abilities Ability to lift 50 pounds Sensitivity to issues related to multiple sclerosis and people with disabilities
Estimated hiring compensation range for this role is $18 -$21 per hour and is eligible for overtime. Final offers will be based on candidate geographic location and consider career experience and may vary from this range due to these and other factors.
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society provides a highly competitive, comprehensive benefit package to employees. These benefits include a considerable Paid Time Off Plan; Paid Holidays; 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Society match; Educational Reimbursement Plan; Professional Development Assistance; Commuter Benefit Plan; Flexible Work Arrangement Options; Comprehensive Health & Welfare benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Spending Accounts, Life Insurance, Disability Coverage, Life Assistance Plan as well as additional voluntary benefit offerings.
The National MS Society is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. We strive to create a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. We need you and your unique talents and perspectives to help us write the last chapter on MS.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the candidate showing proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (with a COVID-19 FDA-approved vaccine or a COVID-19 vaccine granted Emergency Use Authorization) by the date of hire. A candidate is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the second dose of a two-dose vaccine (Pfizer or Moderna) or one dose of a single dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson/Janssen) or as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Candidates unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.