The Oven Operator is responsible for performing bakery processing duties and maintaining oven operation in order to keep production at optimum efficiency at all times while complying with GMP’s, food safety and quality standards, and safety policies and procedures.
Qualifications required: Ability to read and write. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals .
· Bilingual (English/Spanish)
· Basic GMP knowledge
Essential functions and responsibilities: Consistent and dependable attendance. Ability to work overtime, weekends and flexible schedules as business needs demand. Must be able to work within a team environment, treat all with respect – no fighting. Must have the ability to stand at machine a minimum of 6 hours without a break and a maximum of 12 hours with a break. There are NO sitting positions or jobs. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs consistently per production needs. Must be able to wear/utilize personal protective equipment. Ability to work with food allergens: milk, soy, eggs, and tree nuts. Ability to work in confined spaces. (Spiral, oven area, etc)
· Weigh or measure specified amounts of ingredients or materials for processing, using devices such as scales and calipers.
· Adjust controls to activate, set, and regulate equipment according to specifications.
· Monitor equipment operation, gauges, and panel lights to detect deviations from standards.
· Read and interpret work orders and instructions to determine work assignments, process specifications, and production schedules.
· Record gauge readings, test results, and shift production in logbooks.
· Confer with supervisors or other equipment operators to report equipment malfunctions or to resolve production problems.
· Examine or test samples of processed substances, or collect samples for laboratory testing, to ensure conformance to specifications.
· Clean, lubricate, and adjust equipment, using scrapers, solvents, air hoses, oil, and hand tools.
· Transport materials and products to and from work areas, manually or using carts, hand trucks, or hoist.
· Stop equipment and adhere to LOTO protocol to clear blockages or jams, using wires or hand tools.
· All other duties as assigned.
Success factors/job competencies:
· Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality controls, cost, and other techniques or maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
· Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure machine is working properly.
· Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
· Conducting tasks and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
Physical demands and work environment:
· Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally required to climb, balance, kneel, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, use hands to finger to grasp or feel objects, talk or communicate, hear, visually inspect areas to be cleaned, and repetitive motions substantial movements (motions) of the wrist, hands and/or fingers.
· Work environment: Medium work exerting up to 50lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 20lbs. of force frequently, and/or up to 20lbs. of force constantly to move objects.
· Both inside and outside environmental conditions: Activities occur in coolers and freezers during shift. Exposure to cold and freezing temperatures in the coolers and freezers areas. Exposure to high heat while in the warehouse and oven areas, especially during summer months.
· Noise: There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level.
· Hazard: Includes a variety of physical conditions such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
Team Member Oven-830