As we continue to forge a new path in the recycling and waste industry, we understand the importance of remembering and preserving our past.
The Waste Pro Garbage Truck Museum, boasts a collection of original and restored antique waste collection trucks that showcase the company's rich history of innovation.
Would you love a job that feels like a hobby?
Make a difference and have fun while getting the opportunity to restore a variety of vehicles to a Better than New condition. Waste Pro is hiring a painter to join the Museum- Refab Team located in Sanford, Florida.
Waste Pro offers- Great Pay- Benefits and Bonus Opportunities
The Waste Pro Painter is responsible for preparing projects for the restoration of a variety of vehicles and equipment at the Museum Refab Shop.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1.Skills should include dismantling & reassembling vehicles, wash/prep vehicles for paint, minor body work, sanding/prep, masking, priming & painting (single and 2 stage systems).
2. Perform body repairs on Heavy Duty Equipment, including but not limited to Rear Load, Front Load, Roll Off, Grapple, Port-a-let, and other service type trucks including chassis and body.
3. Perform other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective repair.
4. Communication with Maintenance Lead and Corporate Fleet.
5. Completes all required paperwork / computer data entry, including documenting parts usage and time in and out on repair orders, in a timely and concise manner.
6. Follows all safety policies and procedures.
7. Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
8. Conducts repairs utilizing Factory Service Manuals when needed.
9. Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
10. Maintain high standard of Ethics and Dependability.
11. Ability to research information needed to fix and restore antique trucks including chassis and bodies.
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: Employees in this job classification must attend and participate in corporation sponsored training courses as assigned. Employees in this job classification are responsible for keeping up to date on current technology, as job appropriate, being used by Waste Pro. Any additional job duties that may be assigned by the Supervisor.
* Knowledge of use of body fillers, epoxy & urethane primers & paints, single and two stage paint systems.
* Knowledge of Paint & Body work.
* Computer skills as required.
* Toolbox and tools commonly used for body repairs, part removal & painting.
* Mechanic trade school certification or 3+ years of experience
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Shop environment including, but not limited to, machines, tools, heavy equipment, chemicals, solvents, dust and fumes. Exposure to chemical and residential waste. Occasional exposure to extreme weather conditions.
Special Considerations/Physical Work Requirements:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. Walking, Jogging, Twisting, Crouching, Lifting Push, pull, drag, and lift items up to 50 pounds, climbing ladder, and overhead reaching. Sufficient stamina for steady work pace throughout the day Able to utilize all Personal Protective Equipment as mandated by company Exposure to chemical and residential waste