Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides a high level of guest service while adhering to established department and property policies and procedures while working in the following areas. Cage, Rush Rewards, Promotions, PBX and Gift Shop.
• Enrolling/reprinting of Rush Rewards Club cards, explanation of benefits and promotions.
• Maintain and safeguard the confidentiality of guest/player information; Discuss confidential customer information only with appropriate department and division heads.
• Maintain working knowledge of casino, including but not limited to hours of operation of casino, restaurants, and other amenities and responds to guest questions regarding the same.
• Implements fun on the floor with bus arrivals, promotions, special events/check-ins, drawings and other promotions.
• Distribute, redeems and verifies promotional items in accordance with specific promotion guidelines with enthusiasm.
• Verifies the guests phone number, email address, or if all information is accurate and updates the information when necessary.
• Verify valid/acceptable photo ID in accordance with Rivers Casino/PGCB standards with every transaction.
• Informs supervisor when additional coin or currency is needed during shift.
• Communicates pertinent information to supervisors such as guest service issues, payout discrepancies, variances and any other abnormality that may occur during their work day.
• Responsible for sports wagering ticket redemption.
• Responsible for learning and performing a wide variety of monetary transactions for the guest, such as sales, register ringing/operation, check cashing, chip redemption, lottery and voucher redemption as well as understanding the casino and compliance systems.
• Assists in the safeguarding of company assets by ensuring all distinguishing job duties are performed according to established company policies and procedures.
• May assist with building cassettes and balancing the bill validators for the ticket redemption and lottery machines. May at times respond to a guest dispute at a lottery machine.
• Handles guest questions, complaints or problems in a prompt and courteous manner. When unclear, passes information to a Supervisor for assistance.
• Clean and maintain office and public areas to ensure a safe environment.
• Work as a team with other casino departments in a respectful manner.
• Performs other duties as requested or assigned.
Qualifications: (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
• Must possess outstanding interpersonal communication skills (verbal and written) to effectively
interface with guests and Team Members.
• Must be able to work flexible shifts and days of the week including holidays.
• Must have the ability to remain professional and tolerate stress related to servicing public guests in a high pressure and fast-paced environment on the Casino Gaming floor.
• Must be able to be constantly exposed to casino-related environmental factors, including, but not limited to second hand smoke and excessive noise.
• The job functions encompass a varied combination of physical functions, including, but not limited to the following:
i. Constant standing, walking, reaching outward, occasional reaching about the
shoulder level and frequent squatting, kneeling, and bending.
ii. Finger/hand dexterity to maneuver on computer keyboard, office machinery and
iii. Ability to lift or carry up to 25 pounds.
iv. Ability to push/pull up to 25 pounds.
• Must be able to remain in a stationary position for a majority of an entire shift.
• Must be able to traverse through the Casino to arrive at assigned locations.
• Must be able to learn and retain knowledge of computer systems, procedures and regulatory requirements.
• Must be able to frequently bend at the waist, bend at the knees, reach, push/pull up to 10lbs., twist at the waist and shoulders and have finger/hand dexterity to maneuver on computer keyboard and other tools.
• Must be able to frequently lift and/or move objects up to 25lbs.
• Must be able to constantly and accurately communicate effectively and politely in spoken English, with Team Members and guests to answer questions, provide information and check for guest satisfaction.
• Must demonstrate the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide without the use of a calculator, use a point of sale system, handle cash and other financial transactions quickly and accurately.
• Must be able to use a point of sale system, handle cash and other financial transactions quickly and accurately.
• Must be able to successfully fulfill the pre-employment process.
• Must obtain and maintain all necessary licensing.