Position: Property Administrator
Reports to: General Manager
Location : Menifee, CA
To serve as the point person for all facets of the Common Area Landscaping and Association’s Landscape Guidelines, including community inspections, homeowner correspondence, work order processing and follow-through and facilitation of landscape modifications.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The job duties listed are typical examples of the work performed by positions in this job classification. Not all duties assigned to every position are included, nor is it expected that all positions will be assigned every duty.
• Interacts and follows up with all Board and/or Committee members and homeowners regarding landscaping issues of the association.
• Maintains accurate and complete homeowner computer files, landscape reports and correspondence, work order correspondence, homeowner correspondence, etc.
• Schedules, attends and performs all monthly landscape inspection drives throughout the community.
• Prepares for, attends, and performs all follow-up to Landscape Committee meetings as designated by association requirements.
• Assist in the supervision of subcontractors assuring quality performance and compliance with contract.
• Attends Board of Directors meetings as may be required.
• Administrate all aspects of the work order process related to front yard and common area landscape improvements for which homeowners must submit requests and applications.
• Administers, through the Landscape section of the CC&Rs and Rules and Regulations any proposed landscape changes to the front yards of each residence and all corporate property common area.
• Prepares and distributes monthly Landscape Committee agenda packets.
• Accept and review all landscape modification plan submittals.
• Completes and maintains current reference notebooks containing all necessary information to properly and effectively support the Landscape Guidelines for the association.
• Ensure homeowner inquiries regarding landscape requests are handled in accordance with procedure.
• Coordinate and attend as requested designated meetings or functions.
• Represent professionalism and FirstService Residential's standards of operations to clients and fellow staff at all times.
• Assist with walkthroughs of all common areas monthly, and to direct responsible vendors for repairs and maintenance requests.
• Assist the Community Manager with vendor proposals as needed.
• Other assignments as deemed necessary by the Board of Directors or management.
• Utilizes technology as applicable to performs job functions and publish communications to the membership.
• Meet with homeowners to discuss causes and resolutions of violations.
• Other duties as assigned.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
• Practice and adhere to FirstService Residential Global Service Standards.
• Conduct business at all times with the highest standards of personal, professional and ethical conduct.
• Perform or assist with any operations as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules. Notify supervision of unusual equipment or operating problems and the need for additional material and supplies.
• May participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, policies, and regulatory guidelines.
• Ensure all safety precautions are followed while performing the work.
• Follow all policies and Standard Operating Procedures as instructed by Management.
• Perform any range of special projects, tasks and other related duties as assigned.
None at this time
Education & Experience
Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent certification.
Some college coursework preferred or equivalent work experience.
Previous experience in property management and/or closely related field.
Previous experience in customer service.
Knowledge, Skills & Proficiencies
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Proficient in speaking, reading and writing English as this position requires interfacing verbally with the public, tenants, peers and supervisors.
• Ability to prepare written reports and complete log sheets.
• Bilingual Spanish helpful.
• Excellent general math skills.
• Ability to determine next level involvement for problem resolution.
• Must demonstrate good judgment.
• Ability to think and work independently as well as part of a team.
• Must be able to work well under pressure and deadlines, as well as work independently and prioritize time effectively.
Tools & Equipment Used
Valid California Driver’s License and the State mandated vehicle insurance.
Physical Requirements / Working Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in a variety of environmental conditions, with exposure to outdoor temperatures, weather variations, traffic and equipment noise, equipment vibrations, vehicle and/or chemical fumes, chemicals such as cleaning solvents and grease, machinery and their moving parts and dust.
Work duties may require the ability to stand or walk on hard surfaces for frequent and prolonged periods of time.
Hours over and above normal office hours will occur.
Evenings, weekends, and some holidays may be required.
Must be able to work some evenings to attend meetings.
Consistent and regular attendance required.
Occasional overtime may be required.
Must have use of reliable transportation, as needed.
Schedule is subject to change based on business needs.
None at this time.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. This is not an all-inclusive job description; therefore, management has the right to assign or reassign schedules, duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
FirstService Residential is North America's foremost property management firm. Our dedication, responsiveness and integrity are why thousands of communities across the U.S. and Canada choose FirstService Residential to manage their properties. We have expertise working with complex communities with large budgets and numerous amenities. In addition, we manage commercial associations and mixed-use developments, as well as multi-family and investor-owned rental and REO properties for institutional and private equity clients.
We're all about our associates, and as we continue to grow, we're looking for even more quality people who share our dedication to doing what's right, improving residents' quality of life, building great relationships and truly making a difference for their clients, their colleagues and themselves. Is that you? If so, apply today or join our community and learn more about FirstService Residential.
To learn more about our company and culture, please visit www.fsresidential.com/california
FirstService Residential is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.