If you've got a passion for excellence and a desire to make a difference in the lives of people, this might be the job for you! The RN has the opportunity to positively interact with residents, guests, family members, and team members daily. RN's are passionate about providing the highest quality care possible and exceeding the expectations of those they serve and work with.
Qualified candidates will be Registered Nurses with a current CPR Certification. They will possess high personal integrity, a caring attitude and portray a positive image.
Join a team of highly committed professionals who have the opportunity to do what they do best every day in an exceptional environment where learning and growth are encouraged and supported.
12 hour day and night shifts, every third weekend required. Holiday rotation.
Personal Qualifications: Nurses have a strong desire to relate to and work with the elderly. They possess high personal integrity, a caring attitude and portray a positive image. Nurses find fulfillment in building personal relationships and caring for personal needs. They are committed to doing whatever it takes to enhance dignity in people’s lives.
Professional Qualifications: Nurses must be licensed in their practicing state as an R.N. and have a current C.P.R. Certification. R.N.’s have the ability to read and write well enough to follow written directions, do charting and resident assessments. Verbal communication skills are important to carry on conversations with residents, co-workers, and visitors in an understandable manner. Nurses are continually learning and growing by participating in educational sessions, in-service training, and demonstrations. Nurses will provide direction and monitoring of medications for recipients who are receiving medications by medication aides.
Physical Requirements: Nurses understand the physical nature of their jobs and realize they need to:
* pass a physical exam.
* lift, push, pull and move residents, equipment, supplies, etc.
* lift a maximum of fifty (50) pounds several times each workday.
* lift twenty-five (25) pounds consistently.
* be able to move and stretch in such a way as to be able to reach areas above their head and below their waist.
* be able to push and pull a cart requiring twenty-five (25) pounds of force.
* bend, stoop, and twist almost constantly throughout the day.
* see and hear well enough to take blood pressure, chart, read thermometers, etc.
* remain active and on their feet for up to four (4) hours at a time.
Key Result Areas:
· Consistently uses the Vetter Health Services Mission, Vision, and Values to guide everyday decisions and actions.
· Demonstrate a consistently positive, respectful, and constructive attitude with both residents and staff.
· Demonstrate initiative, active problem solving, and a continual desire to improve customer service.
· Provide quality nursing services to meet the physical, psychological, spiritual, and restorative care needs of each resident, based upon your licensure and certifications.
· Create and maintain an environment, which allows each resident to adjust to their limitations and recognize the dignity and worth of each individual.
· Participate in in-service educational classes and meetings directed at improving your ability to meet the needs of the residents.
· Maintain and follow established safety precautions and infection control procedures when performing day-to-day responsibilities.
· Know, understand and perform responsibilities that meet regulatory and company standards.
· Serve as an effective teacher, model, and consultant for other staff.
· Guide and direct the work of other team members to ensure a quality of life and quality care is being provided.
· Be a reliable and positive member of the facility’s team.
· Create a cooperative working relationship with other departments.