Homans Associates (HA) is a subsidiary of the largest independent HVAC/R distribution company in the world, Watsco, Inc. We proudly distribute the Mitsubishi and Bryant brands of HVAC equipment, as well as a full line of HVAC residential and commercial parts, supplies, and accessories. We have locations throughout New England, New York, and New Jersey. We currently have an opening for a Safety Coordinator in our Wilmington, MA location. There is no relocation assistance offered for this position.
The Safety Coordinator is accountable to manage, oversee and carry out safety programs and policies relating to applicable local, state, and federal regulations including DOT compliance. The primary responsibilities of this position include planning, developing, and implementing safety, health, and DOT training programs. Interfacing with other management and hourly personnel regarding safety issues is imperative to reduce safety incidents.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage driver vehicle maintenance records.
- Conduct regular audits of drivers to ensure compliance.
- Process and manage all driver’s accident claims with our insurance carrier.
- Review of all incidents for determination of cause and identify potential trends.
- Investigate accidents and evaluate safety reports, recommend, and monitor disciplinary actions for safety violations, and evaluate the activities, goals, and reports of the safety program.
-Track incident trends to develop and implement corrective actions to prevent similar accidents.
- Training of affected employees with Hazardous Materials transportation and compliance, as necessary.
- Perform reviews of applicable motor carrier inspections and violations issued against Company vehicles/drivers to identify root causes and provide solutions for future avoidance.
- Ensure compliance with DOT, FMCSA, and OSHA and other relative agencies
- Participate in DOT compliance reviews following preventable roadside inspections to facilitate corrective actions and determine opportunities for improvement.
- Administer DOT compliance program including driver training and record management.
-Assist in the development, implementation, and administration of safety training and accident prevention programs according to OHSA regulations, and company policies.
- Conduct safety calls and training to Homans branch associates including warehouse managers and warehouse personnel.
- Audit branch and warehouse facilities for safety compliance.
- Prepare and enforce policies to establish a culture of safety
- Register titles and tags for company owned and leased equipment
- Develop and execute safety plans according to legal guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned Requirements:
- Willing to travel to all branches for inspections and reviews.
- Up to 50% travel with the possibility of overnights.
- Valid Class A Commercials Driver’s License with Hazmat/Tanker Endorsement, or the ability to obtain with six (6) months is preferred.
Education and Experience:
- At least 5 years working knowledge of DOT compliance
- At least 3 years of demonstrated experience in fleet/trucking transportation industry.