We are a leading food and agri-business, supplying food ingredients, feed, and fiber to over 19,800 customers who range from multi-national, world famous brands to small family run businesses.
Each customer depends on us to provide goods and services that are safe, on-time and consistently in line with the required specification. They also rely on us to help them innovate and create new opportunities.
Established in 1989, and now listed on the Singapore Exchange, our team of 74,500 full-time, seasonal, and contract employees have built leadership positions in many of our businesses such as Cocoa, Coffee, Cotton, Edible Nuts and Spices.
As well as growing crops in our own orchards and estates, and sourcing from around 4.8 million farmers globally, we operate over 160 processing facilities, and through our 14 innovation centers. We develop ingredients and find solutions for our customers. Our value chain spans over 60 countries. We also provide support services including risk management solutions and agri-logistics.
Reporting to Maintenance Supervisor, the Utilities Technician will perform welding & fabricating tasks, wide range of troubleshooting, perform preventative maintenance and repairs of machinery, HVAC units, boilers, positive air units, fire systems among other related duties. The successful candidate will have experience in maintenance of technical equipment to ensure optimum performance with important skills such as critical thinking and ability to work independently while practicing safety protocols.
· Fabricate and weld equipment for various HNI company projects.
· Perform major mechanical repairs such as changing motors, belts, sprockets, pulleys, and many other aspects of a mechanical repair.
· Perform various types of construction tasks with food and personnel safety as highest priority. All projects must be correctly measured leveled, welded, cleaned, and painted when applicable. Perform minor maintenance on boilers such as water treatment and repairs. Perform and record inspection as a daily routine on bag houses, chillers, and positive air units.
· Perform major mechanical repairs such as changing motors, belts, sprockets, pulleys, and many other aspects of a mechanical repair. Supervise and provide direction for land scaping service. Must clean and repair building gutters, air compressors, and HVAC units. Perform inspections on fire systems such as fire extinguishers, pumps, and sprinklers. Repair and maintain exterior and interior lighting. Repair all urgent safety and/or food safety concerns promptly and properly record all work performed via CMMS (some PC skills required for this). Maintain a clean and organized work area. Perform other duties as assigned.
· Minimum high school diploma or GED required.
· Minimum 2 years’ experience with various machine tools and welding techniques including TIG, MIG, and ARC welding required.
· Previous experience/work in production machinery preferred.
· Possess a strong mechanical aptitude and willing to always work safely.
· Must be able to read and interpret blueprints.
· Follow Hughson Nut’s strict food safety guidelines. This includes, but not limited to, hygiene rules, traffic patterns, color code, GMPs, chemical control and good housekeeping.
· Forklift driving experience preferred (company will train and certify).
· Available to work flexible hours as well as other shifts and overtime when required.
· Must be flexible and able to work at all three HNI facilities (Hughson & Livingston)
· Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively and accurately, reporting relationships and deadlines required.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Olam provides equality of opportunity for all persons with respect to hiring without discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us for support at: US-Talent.Acquisition@olamnet.com