Duties and Responsibilities:
* Represents East Coast Metal Distributors by wearing clean, company provided uniform.
* Implements timely deliveries, greets customers, verifies items with proper initialing and dating, and helps unload trucks. Notifies Warehouse Manager of any discrepancies before leaving place of delivery.
* Maintains -- inside and out -- a clean, safe delivery vehicle.
* Immediately reports any personal injury or vehicle accident to Warehouse Manager.
* Obtains products for counter sales orders and greets customers with their orders.
* Validates correct items and quantities on pick tickets and transfer requests with proper initialing and dating. Notifies Warehouse Manager of any discrepancies to leaving shipments.
* Helps other warehouse personnel by verifying correct items and quantities with proper initialing and dating.
* Secures, stages and ships orders via LTL, UPS, and East Coast Metal Distributors delivery vehicles. Notifies Warehouse Manager of any discrepancies to leaving shipments.
* Unloads incoming inventory, documents its arrival and verifies items and quantities via Vendors Packing List with proper initialing and dating. Notifies Warehouse Manager of any discrepancies to incoming shipments.
* Submits packing list for entry of items into warehouse inventory.
* Incorporates inventory shipments into warehouse inventory.
* Becomes proficient and certified in Fork Truck Safety and Operations.
* Uses all material handling equipment safely and correctly.
* Notifies Warehouse Manager and Branch Operations Manager of any needed service, repairs or unsafe conditions observed concerning material handling equipment or East Coast Metal Distributors properties.
* Immediately reports any injury.
* Maintains a clean, neat and orderly warehouse.
* Completes other duties assigned by Warehouse Manager.
Special Requirements: Willing to work overtime, holidays and weekends as requested by the Branch Operations Manager.
Minimum Education/Experience: HS diploma, or GED equivalent, is required. Related experience and/or advanced training or any equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted. Previous counter sales, HVAC, and customer service experience is desired. Must be computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Office products. Must be able to use general office machines and multi-line telephone. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required.
(ADA) MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS OR STATNDARDS REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
NON CDL driver license
Language Skills: Requires the ability to read and comprehend a variety of informational documentation, procedures and correspondence. Requires the ability to read to write correspondence with proper format, punctuation, spelling, and grammar. Requires the ability to effectively communicate with customer and employees using correct English and a well-modulated voice. Requires good voice quality that is conversational and professional. Requires the ability to follow verbal and written instructions, guidelines and objectives.
Numerical Aptitude: Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
Reasoning Ability: Requires the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written or oral instructions.
Manual Dexterity: Requires the ability to use a variety of office machines and equipment. Must have average levels of eye/hand/foot coordination.
Physical Demands: Must be able to operate computers, calculators, copy machines, facsimile machines and other general office equipment. Extensive use of computer monitor, keyboard and telephone is required. Must be physically able to lift equipment components, parts and machinery. Occasional standing bending, stooping and/or walking are required. Must be able to use body members to work, move, and lift or carry moderately heavy objects, equipment or materials up to 20 pounds. Physical demand requirements are at levels for moderately active work. Specific visual abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and color vision for reading.
Physical Communication: Must have the ability to talk (expressing and/or exchanging ideas by means of spoken works) and hear (perceiving sounds of nature by ear). Physical appearance to the public and internal employees must be positive.
Working Conditions and Hazards: Work is mostly performed in a traditional office setting. Must also be able to perform work in a warehouse that may be dimly lit with exposure to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes and airborne particles. There is some risk of exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals and gases, outside weather conditions, extreme cold or heat and loud noises.
East Coast Metal Distributors is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, East Coast may provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
Job Objective: Provide support to branch operations by expediting customer orders while maintaining a clean, orderly warehouse environment. Verify and distinguish inventory shipments, documenting their arrival and incorporating into branch inventory